Bollywood went into passion as soon as it was announced that theatres in Maharashtra will re-open from October 22. Release dates were announced, promotions were planned and actors are all delighted to entertain on the big screen after a long time. Ahead of theatres being re-opened, the state government has issued standard operating procedure (SOP) for safe and smooth management of theatres. Take a look at the 10 mandates issued by the Maharashtra government for theatres:
- No Exposition of Film shall be allowed in containment zones.
- Aarogya Setu App showing safe status shall be statutory for all visitors or in the alternative visitors can show final Covid Vaccination Certificate.
- Double vaccination shots compulsory for both customers and staff of theatres / multiplexes.
- The Entry and Exit should be done in a staggered row-wise manner to avoid crowding.
- Sufficient time interval between successive screenings on a single screen as well as on various screens in a multiplex shall be provided to ensure row-wise staggered entry and exit of the audience.
- The occupancy of the cinemas I theatres / multiplexes shall not be more than 50 percent of their total seating capacity.
- Efforts shall be made to avoid overcrowding in the common areas, lobbies and washrooms during the intermission. Audience may be encouraged to avoid movement during the intermission. Longer intermissions may be used to allow audience seated in different rows of the auditorium to move In a staggered manner.
- Staggered show timings shall be followed for multiple screens to avoid crowding. The show commencement time, intermission period and finish time of a show at any screen shall not overlap with the commencement time, intermission period or finish time of a show at any other screen in a multiplex.
- Contact number shall be taken at the time or booking of tickets to facilitate contact tracing.
- No Food & Beverages shall be allowed inside the Screening Auditorium. Any purchased packaged food and beverage shall be allowed only outside the Screening Auditorium.
As theatres re-open, the first big release will be Paratic Gandhi and Aindrita Ray starrer ‘Bhavai’, which will clash with Hollywood entertainer ‘Vinom’. Come Deepawali and Akshay Kumar-Katrina Kaif’s ‘Sooryavanshi’ will release in theatres. In the coming months, ‘Satyameva Jayate 2’, ‘Antim – The Final Truth’, ‘Tadap’, ‘Chandigarh Kare Aashiqui’, ’83 and ‘Jersey’ will release in theatres.